Wednesday 2 April 2014

Creating My Music Magazine Double-Page Spread

I started by getting an A3 landscape page in Publisher and added a line down the middle so I knew the centre of the page, I then saved it as a picture and opened it in Photoshop. Luckily, my photo didn't need editing so I just added it to the left side of the page. I then used the eye-drop tool to get the colour of background from my photo and filled the right side of the page so it looked at though the photo had been shot with that much background.

For the title of my feature page, I took inspiration from the Q magazine page I analysed where they made the first letter of their article much larger rather than having a page. I made the "O" from my cover star's name and made that big as I still wanted a title.


 
I then added a by-line that summed up the interview.
 
 
I added details to the page to fill in the corners and make the pages look more professional:
  • the "R" from "Record" from the front cover in the top left corner with a line above and below it
  • the page number
  • the date of the magazine
  • the "model is wearing.." information
  • a website to subscribe for the magazine
  • in the top right corner, I have "feature" with a line above and below it so people know this is the feature story
 
For the article content, I put it in two columns which is what I've seen in most magazines. I put the introduction in a bolder writing than I did the actual interview - and the question asked by the magazine are in a slightly different colour than the cover star's answer so it's easier for the reader to know who is saying what. The arrows at the end of the interview are a little extra detail and show the reader the interview continues onto the next page.
 
 
To finish, I added a quote from the interview in the gap on the page with the picture.
 
 
This is my final double-page spread:
 






No comments:

Post a Comment